Alberto Aquilani’s Quick Back FlickBy: The Offside | February 18th, 2013
One of these days all of those young players who were supposed to be the Next Big Thing yet fell short of their massive transfer fees will form a club of their own. It will involve Ricardo Quaresma sending in a rabona to Andy Carroll, who will head it down on to, well, someone. Maybe post-Milan Kaka can have an Olympic-like age exception here.
Since a 20m pound move to Liverpool, Alberto Aquilani has largely bounced around Serie A (Juventus, Milan, Fiorentina) and the Liverpool bench. And he’s finally redeemed himself in one fantastic pass to Stevan Jovetic, who will join that list of those who’ve cost someone a yacht-load of money in the near future.
Some Related Stories:
- Vincenzo Montella Encapsulates Mario Balotelli
- Andrea Pirlo: Turning Water Into Wine
- The Balotelli Baby (The Other One)
- Udinese Would Like An Hour Of Your Time
- Milan Wishes China A Merry Christmas. Or Tries, Anyway.