The Next Next: Brahim AbdelkaderBy: The Offside | September 11th, 2012
Filter Brahim Abdelkader through Google News right about now. Kid is thirteen years old. There is no way he should be popping up on this many websites. And yet he is, because that dreaded word is being used: Next. Next who?* Well Messi, of course.
The post-Messi landscape is to be a bleak one for Barcelona, if only because losing the cat who’s considered one of the three greatest of all-time is bound to take a dent from the aura, even if they win thirty-seven hundred million Champions Leagues on the trot. So they’re making plans, and his name is Brahim.
* – It has been scientifically proven that the player with the most technically and physically similar descendants is Patrick Vieira. It would’ve been the wrong answer, but no one would fault you for going with the percentages.
Some Related Stories:
- Photo: Lionel Messi Is Now A Snowman
- The Best of the Barcelona Kiddies
- Rumor of the Year: Messi’s Russian Suitor
- Barca’s Children Are Better Than Your Adults
- Lionel Messi Can’t Beat Ice Cream