The Pope Gets The Maradona TreatmentBy: The Offside | March 14th, 2013
Given the holy surroundings of Argentina’s two greatest footballing products, Diego Maradona (having inspired the Church of Maradona) and Lionel Messi (the linear nature of Messiah and all), Pope Francis, also of Argentina and a fan of San Lorenzo, was bound to kick the internets into action. He did indeed, even inspiring some of Argentina’s print editions. And yes, it would seem being named pope – slightly large title, that one – is still a few notches down from Diego Maradona, given some of these photos.
Some Related Stories:
- Over The Head, Outside The Box
- Pablo Luguercio & Emanuel Britez: Definitely Needs Parental Supervision
- Joel Quintero’s Long-Range Cannon
- Rumor of the Year: Messi’s Russian Suitor
- Lionel Messi Can’t Beat Ice Cream